Monday, March 11, 2013

Day 1 (GAPS Intro Stage 1)

Venita's Yeast Rash, it's much worse around her nose.
Well, lets just say the morning didn't start out with Intro, instead it started out with a migraine and scrambled eggs. But I'm not letting that stop me from continuing forward as if it never happened!
I have my migraine under control and some cauliflower and carrots simmering in some stock. I don't know what I'm making, but it will consist of blending up the cauliflower and carrots and adding some boiled shredded chicken. Sadly though I'm not on Intro because of baby #3. But since I'm pregnant it seems that the meal planning will be based around my cravings! I will be participating as much as possible, plus sneaking things the kids can't have yet.. So I'm basically just on Full GAPS.

Wow, this is a little surreal for me, I have been talking about this day, and thinking about this day for almost a year now, and to actually be saying that I'm simmering cauliflower and carrots in stock is almost shocking! I have been terrified to go on GAPS because I know, once you start, you can't stop. Once your body begins that healing process, interrupting it could be really horrible on a person's body. It's really not something you want to mess with!

I anticipate some die-off, just slowly introducing more broth into our diet has caused a little die-off. Every night RJ (4) had a good helping of broth he would wet the bed. Night before last after 3 helpings of soup he wet the bed 2 times. It's good to know my broth is sufficient! :)

Still trying to find ways of introducing Venita (17mo) to enough broth. I have a feeling she is going to be a little harder to get adjusted to the diet. She has a fondness for bananas and I have a feeling that is going to be an adjustment for her. But just cooking veggies in the broth and poring broth on her meat and even making broth jello cubes, which is kinda hit and miss; I'm sure she will be fine. Since introducing more broths I have noticed that she has consistently been fighting yeast infections on her bottom, and it seems that just today her face has flared up pretty good, my poor yeasty baby. She was officially weaned from the breast 2 days ago and she is still waking up at night, but is quick to go back to sleep. Guess she realizes there is nothing to whine about anymore..



Some things I'm dealing with. Asked my Nurse Practitioner though my midwives to run some labs on me, see if I'm deficient in Magnesium. It's something I have suspected for some time, and I've just been supplementing out of instinct at this point. She said, to be safe she would run a bunch of labs. So the next day one of the midwives calls to give me my results, and I understand this isn't up all midwives alleys especially these midwives.. But she said my Sodium was low, and that my Creatinine was low. Not low enough be alarmed by. Well low sodium isn't a good thing, and I couldn't understand why it would be low since I eat more salt than anyone I know. (hint) And I looked up Creatinine and couldn't find much on it except that it could be a bad thing if it was high and mine was low... Ugh, so what do I do with this information... Thanks for nothin! Anyway After researching more about low sodium I found out that a common cause is Adrenal Fatigue... Well heck that would make a whole lot of sense for me!! LAZY!!! And finally Creatanine, I looked up it's relation to Adrenal Fatigue and it turns out that low Creatanine is a sign of low Cortisol, which low Cortisol is a symptom of Adrenal Fatigue. So I guess I had all the information to convince myself that Adrenal Fatigue is most likely the answer to ALL the symptoms I have been dealing with! No thanks to my practitioners help. I KNOW, I just don't have many options financially... :) But in all honesty I have had a slight inclination that I have adrenal fatigue, but I have just treated it with diet, but since I have been pregnant my diet went WAY down south, soooo... Put pregnancy on top of an unhealthy diet, you have the perfect recipe for Adrenal Fatigue.

So while this came to light, the reality of my situation came to light.. I'm still nursing a 17 month old, and 13 weeks pregnant, and I withering away. It doesn't help that my hubby had been unemployed for over a month and haven't been able to pay bills.. LOTS of stress.... So I started planning a weaning process for Venita, which began a week ago. My goal was to have her off the boob by the weekend so we could adjust to nights without the boob to knock her back out! Well I can say it has gone much better than I thought it would, it has been a bit more emotional for me than I thought it would be. It was especially hard for me to let go when I knew it was the only thing sustaining Venita at this point, because she doesn't digest her food at all. It comes out 100% whole..SOOOOO I knew I had no choice but to start GAPS Intro immediately upon weaning her.. So, thats how we got to where we are today.

More updates to follow!

More on the GAPS diet at www.passionatepurelife.com



No comments:

Post a Comment