Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Day 27 (GAPS Intro - Carrot/Squash Almond Flour Muffins)

So as of yesterday we officially hit 4 weeks on intro. I can't really say it's gone by fast, in fact, it's done nothing but dragged on! I can say, it's hard to believe that we've been on intro for 4 weeks now. It's hard to believe that Venita (18mo) is still on Stage 3! RJ (4) hasn't gone much farther than Stage 5.
I want to give him a little more time without as many sweets as possible. At this point his only fruit is a tangerine and he gets one about every other day. I really need to increase their fat with coconut oil, but I've tried to lay off of that, just because I know it causes a lot of die-off.  Speaking of die-off, I think I've had a lot of die-off today. Super edgy and craving sweets like crazy. RJ and Venita both have been mega pigs, me not so much but getting there. I invested in a larger lunch box for our road trips. RJ's little Lightening McQueen one just isn't cutting it anymore. I also got a mini sea salt grinder from Vitamin Cottage, works perfect for the lunch box.

Yesterday RJ was horrible with word repetition!! I can't believe I dealt with that every single day! Thank God we found GAPS!! Today we didn't have any problems with it. He was pretty good today. Venita too. She hasn't been getting as bad of yeast rash breakouts on her face lately, they have been more on her bottom instead. :\ She has also been peeing through her diaper every night the past week. RJ has been doing good up until last night. Guessing all his behavior from yesterday may have been some good die-off, and the peeing the bed was just the icing on the cake. I was really looking forward to getting him out of pull ups, but I bought some more today at Walmart. Speaking of that, I did some shopping on Amazon today and saved about $30 plus got free 2 day shipping on diapers, wipes, and dish soap. I finally signed up for that membership program free month trial, it's normally like $72.00 a year. But I think it's gonna be WAY worth $72.00 a year!

So like I mentioned my last post. We had gone to a birthday party the other night and RJ did so good with watching everyone eat pizza, cake, and ice cream. So that night I baked him cupcakes/muffins to have the next day. And I kinda improvised from a recipe from SAHMville.com that I have used in the past. I just didn't feel like coconut flour, so I used almond flour instead. And I added A LOT of butter! And they turned out beyond amazing! :) Two people said they tasted a lot like a Banana Bread, not sure why, but maybe the texture. But I wouldn't suggest them for a bread, I think it would be a little too moist in the center for a loaf. And here they be!


Squash or Carrot Almond Flour Muffins

12 eggs lightly beaten
1 cup squash or carrot puree
2 cups blanched almond flour
1 cup honey
6tbs butter or ghee
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbs vanilla
cinnamon and nutmeg to taste

Blend all ingredients well and add cinnamon and nutmeg at the end. Bake at 350degrees for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let rest for several hours before enclosing to prevent sogginess. Pretty simple!! Hope you enjoy them as much as we did!! And don't forget to enjoy a little muffin with your butter!! ;)


Shared on: Simply Sugar & Gluten Free, Real Food Wednesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment