Monday, March 11, 2013

Day 1 Pt 2 (GAPS Intro Stage 1)

Well, I guess I have developed a new and incredibly good GAPS Intro Soup. Oh yeah, it turned out good! And the day turned out good too! Recipe Below..



My heart goes out to my poor kids. If I couldn't have my Phat Cut Of Joe I would be losing it right now! Poor RJ (4) came to me asking so sweetly and sadly for an apple, and then a banana, and a tangerine, and he even said please. He normally just says, I want, I want.. And I had to explain to him that we are on the special diet now and we can't have those things yet. Crocodile tears and all, I couldn't help but laugh a little, but just gave him a big hug. I know how strong and emotional those cravings are. I just kept asking him if he wanted soup, and he said no, and then finally after I was messing around in the kitchen long enough, he decided he wanted soup. And he ate a whole bowel. And Venita (17mo) even sat down and ate a whole bunch of creamy chicken too. I can say this is a great recipe for getting the little ones to eat that broth. Especially the independent type that doesn't let you feed them. Its funny how different kids are. RJ was not about feeding himself at all!

You know, people have talked about how being on GAPS makes you ravenous.. I finally understand just how ravenous a person can be.. RJ had bowl after bowl of soup today, I lost count at 5. And I don't know if it was just a little juicy burp or what, but RJ threw up a little in his mouth. And said, "It was soft, there was nothing hard, it was just juicy."YUM!!  It took a while for RJ to get past the idea of having the same thing over and over again. And I think that some of it is just their bodies begin craving it.


I can honestly say, I'm surprised at how well Venita is doing with the Banana issue. She will usually go to the gate to the kitchen and start crying because she wants a banana. But I can see she is really getting a lot of nourishment out of the food and that is SUCH a relief! She was a COW, and it gets consistently worse throughout the day, but she just blew me away at how much she loved it, and how fast she would eat it, as if her life depended on it. And my lovely husband said, "Well thats what happens when people are starved." I told him that this is the most nourishment they have ever had in their lives, and their tummies are happy! I'm curious to see how sleeping goes tonight, if she will be fulfilled or will continue to adjust and be hungry. I'm guessing there won't be tummy ache issue tonight, I HOPE!! Then that will help with the sleeping situation..

I got about 4 quarts of broth cooked up today and I have about 7 quarts of broth in the freezer, so I don't want to get behind. But it seems like we aren't going through it as fast as I thought we would. I haven't really chowed down on it all that much though. I only had 3 bowls today.. I have another soup cooking for the morning. I'm sure hoping they like this soup as much as they liked the Cream of Chicken. I hope I like it as much as the Cream of Chicken.

Excited about how today went, I'm anticipating a less fortunate day tomorrow. Maybe a better day tomorrow, I don't know! Its just crazy to be here finally and seeing what so many people have talked about. I'm soooo proud of RJ, he has been such an incredible little trooper, Venita too.. I'm relieved to have day one under wraps and in control! So here it is the highlight of our day, Cream of Chicken Soup!!

Cream of Chicken Soup For Your Soul!!

2 to 3 Quarts Chicken Stock
2 Cups Cooked and Shredded Chicken
1 Head of Cauliflower
1 Cup Carrots
Sea Salt to taste
I snuck some Curry (shhhhhh!)

Simmer Sea Salt, Cauliflower, and Carrots in stock about 30 to 40 minutes until really tender. Blend with whatever you got.. This is the handy dandy tool I got for Christmas! After blending is complete add in the shredded chicken and you have my new favorite Cream of Chicken Soup! Enjoy! Happy Intro!!

For more information on the GAPS Diet please visit www.passionatepurelife.com

This post is part of: Tasty Traditions


No comments:

Post a Comment