Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Day 2 (GAPS Intro Stage 1)

Venita getting her last meal before bed, (no she isn't sleeping)

Well, lets just say that I wasn't anticipating me having so many issues today!! I'm just on Full GAPS. But I guess the broth is just that powerful!! But my patience has been pushed a lot today to say the least. I wasn't handling the crying and whining very well. I wanted to break down and cry and whine at times. But its a good sign!
And though I am feeling quite a bit of die-off and feeling weak and fatigued, I still feel so much better. I have more ambition. I don't feel worth a darn, but it's not stopping me from getting things done, and I just have an overall sense of weight being lifted from me. It's hard to explain, but I am feeling good, but dealing with the die-off at the same time. All good things, if I could just be a little more patient! :) I have developed a rash under my armpit just like the last time I went on Full GAPS, guessing it's a part of detox or possibly Candida trying to plant their tentacles any place they can. And yes beautiful BO!! I wrote about Body Odor the last time I went on GAPS. It's called, "Body Odor You Can Be Proud Of!" ;)


RJ (4) isn't eating near as much today, and has been fighting me a lot about the diet. Saying, "The diet needs a break, it's tired and needs to rest." hehehe Keeps asking for a nut, just one little nut! Oh, and I totally forgot to mention yesterday.... In the morning when RJ was eating his eggs he kept complaining and talking about how eggs aren't his favorite, and how much he didn't like his eggs. I said, "Well in a few days you are going to be begging for eggs!" Well later that day he saw some egg shells on the counter from my Phat Cup Of Joe and he said, "I can have eggs, eggs are my favorite!" I really didn't expect him to convert that quickly! But, he didn't pee the bed last night, which surprised me a lot. But yesterday he was going to the bathroom constantly. RJ has been up and down all day. One minute he is fine and mellow the next he is obnoxious. He gets his ticks and repetitive words going. That is by far the hardest thing for me to deal with, I was to lose it!! How many more times can I listen to him say "blooh, blooh, blooh, blooh," before I lose it, I don't know...
And then there are his OCD tendencies that show up at random moments, and then his whiny moments. It's interesting to see him go through all these emotions several times a day. Usually he may have a good day or a bad day. Usually his OCD and whiny habits happen one day consistently and then there are the days when he has his ticks. And then some days he is good.. But to see him go through these phases randomly through the day is a lot different.

Venita (17mo) is ravenous beyond belief today. Not joking, eating every 10 minutes. We have been eating a very basic soup shredded boiled chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots. It's harder to eat this soup because it just seems like the meat is so dry. Tomorrow we can introduce Ghee, so that will help with moistening the meat. But today I am making a butternut squash gravy to put on our boiled chicken. Maybe she will eat the chicken a little better that way. Venita didn't sleep very well, she woke up at 3:30 in the morning and was tossing and turning in my bed trying to sleep, you could tell she was uncomfortable. So I asked her if she was hungry, she said, "YUP." and crawled right out of the bed and walked to the kitchen. Oh great! This will be a long night! So she ate at 4 in the morning! Looking back I might have just tried giving her water in bed, because when I gave her some after she was awake she just downed it. So if that happens again, I'm just gonna try water first before I try to feed her something. I have never read anything about people having to feed their kids in the middle of the night! So I'm wondering if it's something that is common or not. I also have to keep in mind her adjustment to not nursing at night, she is used to nursing so that could be another thing to look at. All I know is I look forward to a day when I get to sleep through the night!! YAY!! But I made sure to load her up with food right before bed, like load!! She looks like she is sleeping in the picture, but she is just so tired, yet so ravenous, she just kept slouching down to be close to her food. LAZY!! She also pooped once today, this morning and it was very soft and all the food was digested. Normally, literally, her meal shows up in her diaper several hours after eating it 3 to 4 times a day. Completely undigested, I know that this diet will be a true testament of healing if we come out of intro with her digesting all the foods she couldn't before. She may continue to need healing longer than RJ, but hopefully thats not the case. And she wet through her diaper twice today,  guess I wasn't use to that much pee.. Her bottom yeast is pretty under control, but her face yeast looks pretty angry still, betting it will be gone in a week! I pray!!

I have concluded the Cream of Chicken is all our favorites and I will be making that first thing in the morning, but this time we will be adding some broccoli, so it will be like cream of broccoli soup. Mmmmm.. So looking forward to that. Plus tomorrow we enter into Stage 2 and will be introducing egg yolks and ghee. Never made ghee before, should be real exciting....... I'm guessing stage 2 will last a day, unless they have some underlying issues with eggs yolks I don't know about. I guess we will see! I just keep wondering if I will see them react to foods they aren't ready for. They are getting some mega healing right now.. It's exciting!

If you aren't familiar with GAPS please visit my more informative blog www.passionatepurelife.com and get familiar with it's purpose for healing, healing testimonies, and well as delicious GAPS Legal recipes!!



No comments:

Post a Comment