Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Day 42 & 43 (GAPS Intro Stages 3 & 6)

So day 42, Venita woke up feeling much better, though she ended up in our bed for the first time in a loooong time. She just couldn't get comfortable, and I could tell she just needed some comforting. We are all getting on probiotics, aside from the ferments we are already on. I took one the other day and started having some major die-off. It took me awhile to realize what it was.
I haven't taken any since, waiting for a day when I don't have any plans. I have had the kids on them for a few days now. Venita isn't showing much sign of die-off and I'm almost out of their probiotic anyway. So I need to get the biokult ordered asap..Oh yeah, and I broke out below my armpit again. And I just love how I still don't have stinky pits!! :)

And so we have also come to realize that increasing our nut intake was a big problem. RJ and I both weren't handling it well. Venita still isn't on nuts. But I have been doing a lot of research lately about my migraines being linked to a genetic mutation, but it could also be linked to Gut Dybiosis as well. And I'm working on a more detailed account of this condition. As simply put as I can get it..... It's the MAO-A gene or MAO-A enzyme which is secreted from the gut. When production is either too high or too low it can produce MANY different symptoms. Specifically in my case of low MAO-A; Migraines, Depression, and Provoked Anger. And RJ case, Irrational and Repetitive Behaviors. It has actually been linked to Autism and treatments to increase the MAO-A gene have proven very successful in treating symptoms of Autism. This Enzyme is necessary in the Metabolism or breaking down of Neurotransmitters, specifically serotonin. And when there is a lack of MAO-A then there is an over abundance of Neurotransmitters in the body basically causing Neurotoxicity. Neurotransmitters come from the metabolism of Amino Acids, an overabundance of certain Amino Acids, specifically Free Amino Acids will overwhelm the body with Neurotransmitters. This is why ALL my migraine triggers are foods with Free Aminos, and thats why taking Amino Acids only gave me major migraines! Free Aminos are produced in any number of foods by aging or processing. Thats why so many migraine sufferers are sensitive to MSG, it's a Free Amino Acid, so is Aspartame. Certain foods, just by going through a cooking process or aging process become Free Amino Acids, such as mushrooms and nuts. The most common triggering Amino Acid is Tyramine. And since becoming aware of the possibility of RJ being sensitive to these same things, I can gauge how he's doing with them. But I tell you what, the last day we had nuts was not a good day. We had almond biscuits and apple crisp with an almond crust. By the second day of these foods, we were both wigging out. Thats the most nuts we have had in quite awhile! I was quick to anger and RJ threw several tantrums and was being incredibly repetitive.. And I feel like it's taken a lot to recover from that too. It could have been the migraine on top of that, I have been fighting migraines consistently for a week.. You don't have to wonder WHY I haven't posted much.  I do know for sure that Vitamins and Minerals play a huge part in Neurotransmitter processing, and I have also noticed that vitamin & mineral deficiencies make me more susceptible to migraines.

I have decided to increase my grains. I have noticed since I have been having more grains too that my appetite has increased which is terribly needed. I've lost way too much weight for being 5 months pregnant. I am trying to find a real artisan crafted sourdough bread. Found a company close by, but I'm waiting to find out their technique.. I would make sourdough myself, but I have enough on my plate right now. So I'm simplifying!

Today day 43, RJ was incredible. Until this afternoon, after he had had a tangerine... Ugh, why!!! I don't know.. But I do know that when he is doing good, he is incredibly sharp, and so with it! But when he goes down into fog town, he is nowhere to be found... Anyone know? I really don't know why a tangerine would do something like that.... Some may say Candida, I really can't see that being it though. One little tangerine and a half an hour later, the lights go out.. Of course not completely out, but he just can't rationalize. Has outbursts of yelling, and literally doesn't comprehend half of what you say to him. If you can get his attention and have him look you in the eye, he is there with you. But other than that, he is just off in lala land.. Hmm

Anyway, think I might be getting and Aura, that means a Migraine to follow. Oh what joy.... Did I mention I get two different types of migraines!!! :) Oh joy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment