Sunday, April 21, 2013

Day 41 (GAPS Intro Stages 3 & 6)

Well, day number 41.. I haven't written much lately because I just haven't been feeling well lately and I just don't have the brain to think right now.. But I thought this was at least really important to write about..

Venita 18mo, still on stage 3.. Had steamed asparagus for dinner tonight. She has had the most horrible stomach ache tonight. She has been sick for a few days and I thought at first it was just that. But it began to become quite obvious that it was her tummy. So finally I broke down and gave her a little enema. My husband thought it was the most horrible thing in the world, but she handled it just fine. And poop just a tiny bit. But guess what was in that poop... Undigested Asparagus... So shortly after she started finding some relief and is crashed in our bed. Thinking maybe her being sick may have made her even more sensitive.

Some might find this as a negative thing. But I view it as a good sign. A sign that healing is taking place. Of course I know healing is taking place, I don't know why I need events like these to remind me. But as a parent putting your child on this diet, you constantly fear whether or not you are doing it right. If what you are doing is healing. Venita could eat Asparagus fine before this diet, BUT she couldn't digest it. This experience is just a sign that her tummy is full of brand new healthy and very sensitive flesh and that all the wear and tear from her being unable to digest her food is going away. So I feel good, needless to say! :)

Hope you can find peace in moments like these, rather than fear...

No comments:

Post a Comment