Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Day 13 & 14 (GAPS Intro Stages 3 & 5)



Well, I've missed two days now.. :( Sorry, but you know how it gets on Intro!! :) I wish I had a better excuse other than, not in the mood. Yes, been quite gloomy, and not feeling too hot. And it is taking more and more strength every day to continue doing GAPS "well."
Of course we are following the protocol introducing things in pace, but I keep forgetting broth now that we are on more solid foods.. And I know how bad we need it!! What the heck! It's just me getting lazy, which is what I have always worried about. The lack of energy, I have a feeling I need to stay away from fruit, because I lack energy when I eat fruit. Candida? I don't know. I haven't been doing any probiotics other than kraut because I don't want too much die-off. Been dealing with a sick hubby. I tell you what, this bug is something else. It wreaks havoc on your gut for days and days... Jeremy is on day 4 and still doesn't want to eat. Still has a painful, upset stomach. My friend Monique is on day 8 and is still sick with a painful stomach. Her son is on day 6 today and had just finally had something other than breast milk yesterday.  It seems to claim some people slowly, like my mom who has been having mild issues since Saturday, but just now started getting hit harder. I didn't go to Church on Sunday because I had to take Venita and I know she is still contagious. This isn't the kind of Stomach Virus I would want to pass on to the elderly. :( So far I haven't shown any signs of getting it. I don't know other than having zero appetite for 4 days now. I thought a couple days ago I might be getting it, but I knew very well it was from me being stupid and cheating. I really don't want to admit to what it was because it is just that bad!!! lol But lets just say, I paid dearly for it!! Instant stomach ache and vomiting. Why do I do it to myself, stupid, so stupid.... Anyway, RJ woke up this morning with a soar throat and stomach ache, with no appetite. But I think the soar throat might be from die-off. The stomach ache and no appetite I'm thinking might be the virus. Yay!! But, he is eating some eggs right now. So I don't know yet, maybe it could all be to do with die-off. Lets hope!

So anyway, whats been going on with our diet.... RJ(4) has gotten to have honey, which was overdone for sure, he started wigging out a bit.. I had made Lemon Bars but, its was just to much for his first bout with honey. I was craving some bad, but they were too sweet for me even.. He has gotten to try pealed cucumber, that was a mega treat! He did perfect with that. Lettuce he has done well with also.. I feel good about where he is at. It's a nice change for him. But overall other that too much honey that one day, he isn't as combative, repetitive, or whiny as normal. Don't get me wrong he still has his moments, but they are much fewer.

So Venita (18mos) is doing really well, so long as her tummy is full! lol If it's not, she is one pissy little girl! I'm really happy with how well and fast she has recovered from the Virus. I see it effecting other people much longer. I have tried Avocado with her again, and she did really well. No problems. I haven't tried the nuts again yet. Gonna give her a little more recovery time. But I did try giving her some pealed cucumber, she loved it. I wanted to get an idea of where she is with her digestion. She never did digest fresh or cooked veggies at all. She digests cooked veggies perfect now and so far she hasn't pooped any whole anything. But she did wake up several times last night in discomfort. So I don't think her tummy was ready for it.  I have noticed a lot of positive changes in her behavior as well. She isn't near as fussy about the car seat. She gets fussy when it comes to being hungry or tired, but she plays better with RJ, she is just overall a much happier little girl. But  Both kids are ravenous for sauerkraut.. And they don't seem to be having any dramatic die-off. I honestly don't think I have the most powerful sauerkraut right now anyway.

So I have been thinking... Recipes stink.... I think so often they are unnecessary and are so binding to so many people, keeping them from venturing or enjoying new foods. I think so often recipes cause an inconvenience more than a convenience. Except for baked goods of course, that's entirely different. But some day I might rewrite the idea of a recipe book. But for now, I think I will attempt to explain my simple meal ideas. I can say my best friend is shredded meats. They make for the most quick and convenient meals! Stay tuned for my GAPS Legal Shredded Beef and Chicken Fajita's! Such a well rounded and simple meal made with leftovers!




No comments:

Post a Comment