Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Day 23 (GAPS Intro Stages 3 & 5)

There is this strange phenomenon going on in our house...... Plate licking! Don't get me wrong I have had plate licking happen a time or two in the past, but it's getting a bit crazy these days!
So this morning started out with concern. I was on the Facebook GAPS Group asking for advice. Worried about how much Venita (18mo) is eating, if it's a sign of her not getting enough nutrients from her food. She eats literally about 7 times a day, though today she has eaten a lot less.. But RJ (4) has gone completely opposite. He started out the day with a lot of die-off, red cheeks, fatigue, seems to be his norm for good die-off. No big tantrums. But literally all day, asking for food, especially chicken. First thing this morning he wanted chicken. Breakfast consisted of 2 eggs, chicken and sauerkraut. I baked a chicken for dinner, he wanted skin, skin, and more skin. He has always liked the skin, but never has he obsessed over it like today. So for dinner he got both chicken legs and wings, plus all the chicken skin. AND he even ate the heart and gizzard.. And then I gave him the pan full of the fat. Thats a picture of him sloppen it up.. So I guess the story goes, or at least I have come to realize our bodies natural nutritional gauge is kicking in. Though I know Venita's kicked in right from the beginning, I'm guessing her body wasn't so confused by all the outside influence of sugar and MSG. I had really started worrying about myself and the fact that I have zero appetite these days. I can't really afford to lose much more weight, 16 weeks pregnant and all.. I start every morning with a PHAT Cup of Joe, thats the only thing I can seem to stomach.. Eggs that I can taste make me want to vomit.. So I get 2 eggs in every PHAT Cup of Joe, so I don't feel too guilty for enjoying it so much! I'm just happy I'm getting some eggs down with LOTS of fat. All I ate was an apple and a couple cucumbers throughout the day and then came dinner. I baked a chicken and brussel sprouts. I had a little bit of chicken, and like 3 cups of brussel sprouts! Thats what my body was wanting! So I got gobs of Vitamin K, C, Folate, and Omega 3!! So I don't feel so worried anymore. I was worried that maybe my body isn't going to tell me what it needs, but after tasting the pure satisfaction of them roasted brussel sprouts, I know my body got just what it wanted! If you are confused by what I'm saying, to be clear... When we eat the Standard American Diet loaded with MSG, Sugars, highly processed foods it will in a sense destroy our bodies own ability to gauge our nutritional needs. Our senses become confused because by all the unnatural and addictive foods. Causing cravings from addiction rather than our needs. Often times another cause of bad cravings is Candida.. Candida needs highly refined foods like sugar and breads as well as starchy foods to survive and when in abundance can send a signal to your brain causing cravings for such things.. This can actual lead to malnutrition, because not only are you eating a lot highly refined un-nutritional foods, but you aren't getting what your body actually needs. This often leads to obesity as well, which is just a form of malnutrition.


Speaking of what the body needs, I haven't been taking or giving Cod Liver Oil
 lately. I know I need to especially being pregnant. And I know it will do wonders emotionally for all of us.

But I can say that today I have been in much better spirit, maybe because RJ was so easy to deal with today, all he wanted to do was eat. Venita was the hard one today, she just wanted to go outside and it was too cold yet. Finally got her to go down for a nap and she woke up happy as ever and it was finally warm enough to go outside.

The kids were both incredibly easy to get to bed. Venita has been fighting sleep the past few nights because it just didn't seem like she was being satisfied with her food. Last night was really bad, she acted like she was Ketosis again, but I knew she wasn't. She was incredibly thirsty and hungry, waking up in the middle of the night drinking water like she was dying of thirst and then she woke up in a puddle of pee... Die-off possibly?  RJ has been hard to get to clean his room. But tonight he was a dear. All in all this day was a really good one. I had upped their sauerkraut today, and maybe that changed things I don't know.. I just hope tomorrow is as good as today! Just gotta keep on killen all them damn bad bugs, I think its working!! :)

More on GAPS at www.passionatepurelife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment