Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 10 (GAPS Intro Stage 3)

Well, I was lazy and didn't move RJ onto Stage 4, BUT he pooped!! Yay!!! And tomorrow morning RJ will have his first taste of fresh carrot juice since starting intro. But on a more than exciting note!! I finally got my Perfect Pickler Mason Jar Kit!!!
 I got it in the mail this evening and I just had to start fermenting something! Isn't it cute!! Who knows how it will turn out, but it was what I had handy! Baby bell peppers and cucumbers. And they had a super simple recipe for the brine included in their little recipe book. I'm excited!! I have never had luck fermenting without a system, so I'm hoping it does the job! Will keep you posted.


Well lets start with Venita (17mo), how I thought she was dealing with die-off or having digestive issues turns out it's a stomach bug. And I think of how blessed I am to be on intro right now because all the foods I have are foods easy on her tummy. But she threw up last night, woke up this morning had a little bit of eggs and went straight back to sleep, woke up with a fever, went back to sleep. Then early afternoon finally threw up again and had the runs. Slept a couple of hours and woke up hungry and I fed her butternut squash blended with broth. Perfect to help her recover from throwing up and having diarrhea. Lots of Electrolytes! So she went back to bed... Seriously this girl slept almost the whole day. But she has yet to throw that up, I let her have some of the Shepherds Pie from dinner, and she kept burping afterwards, might have been too much for her stomach. But she hasn't thrown it up and she is down for the night. Forgot to mention yesterday. She slept through the night for the first time. Last night she slept through the night too. Well she woke up a couple times I gave her water, she went right back to sleep.

RJ (4) has nothing exciting going on. No real bad die-off today. I keep forgetting to add the sauerkraut to every meal and end up feeding it to him between meals not getting it in all 3 times. He was annoying for sure, but I think I was just easily annoyed today.

I canceled Dish Network today and signed up for Netflix. WHY? To quit wasting money on something that's not time well spent. This way it won't be a distraction and with Netflix I can rent more informative movies or documentaries as well as educational movies for the kids. All around better money spent!! I rented a movie about Easter for the kids, see already paying off!! :)

I have a roast cooking over night, and my mouth is watering just talking about it, ooop and there is the picture!! Yes, they are dry spices.. But no one has had problems thus far.  Just Paprika, 1/2 Onion, Parsley, Basil, Sea Salt. I sure took a lot of pictures today....

Night!
Jeannie

More on the GAPS Diet at www.passionatepurelife.com








2 comments:

  1. I wanted to thank you for your answer to my question on the Yahoo GAPS list about using the diet to treat milder symptoms, but my e-mail bounced back. I relate a lot to what you said, and I'm enjoying your blog.

    BTW, we switched from satellite to just Netflix, too, a couple of years ago. I think it's great-- you can just watch what you want and not be sucked in to watching extra stuff.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan I'm so glad it was helpful. So often I think because we have such mild symptoms that our issues may be insignificant to some people and I have often thought about not blogging about it. But I know my mild problems weren't insignificant in my life and they have effected me in ways people will never know. I am so blessed to know what I know now, and to be able to prevent the bigger symptoms. I'm sure you feel the same way! Thanks for your comment! :)

      Delete