Saturday, March 16, 2013

Day 6 (Gaps Intro Stage 3)

Shredded Beef and Avocado
Day 6 and what can I say. We are still alive!!
I decided to introduce eggs cooked in ghee this morning. I only let Venita(17mo) have the yolks and she ate 5 she had protein issues before, so I veered on the side of caution. RJ(4) did the full eggs, but he didn't eat much. They both seemed to handle them beautifully. But then later I gave them a blend of acorn squash, amber cub squash, and carrots. It gave RJ a stomach ache right away, and it literally went right through him. Yes, diarrhea in his pants... I don't know why, the only thing new was the Amber Cup Squash, which is a sweeter squash. The other day when I gave him a tiny piece of date, it upset his tummy right away too. Could it just be that his tummy can't handle the sweeter things? Venita had no problems with it. It's amazing how different everyone's bodies are. And it's just overwhelming trying to wrap your brain around any reaction to foods. Wondering why. But obviously his tummy just isn't ready for it right now, his body is just rejecting it. I think about how he reacted to something like that, what in the world would happen if he got into candy or something?!?!? Scary! But it's all a sign of healing in progress, which is something I have to keep reminding myself.

Venita was good today, eating like a pig. She always has such a big belly because she is constantly eating! She seems to have gained a lot of weight too. She recuperated fine from the Avocado issue.

RJ is doing good this evening. It was interesting this morning... While I was cooking RJ started his repetitive  talking. Several times I got after him, and finally I said, "RJ, do you hear yourself?" He put his hand over his mouth and shook his head. I could see then, that it is something he isn't in control of, it's something he doesn't even think about and for the first time I could see him trying to control it, and realize what he was doing. I understand tics aren't something a person can control, but I have had those kind of expectations for him for a long time. I guess I just have a hard time accepting that this is a tic. But I am having a hard time figuring out what they are associated with as far as his diet. I know what often happens is, their trouble symptoms show up during periods of die-off. I just don't know! But his behavior, yes is hit and miss a lot. He hasn't been "ticen" as much as he usually does! But I would say, he is much more mellow that he typically is! :)

It seems that him and Venita both are despising chicken just as much as I am. This pregnancy and eating healthy thing stinks! Today has been a harder day for me.. I think my sodium must have dipped or something. Extreme fatigue, severe muscle weakness, major dizziness, nausea.. Spent some time at my parents today, that was a nice little get away.. But finally feeling better tonight..

Guess we will see what tomorrow brings!!

Jeannie

For more information on the GAPS Diet please visit www.passionatepurelife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment