Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 8 (GAPS Intro Stage 3)

Last Summer, I can't wait!!
To still be saying stage 3 is kinda strange to me. I don't know I guess I figured we would move faster, but now that we are hear I see no rush in getting through Intro. The kids are just so happy about the new stuff we have introduced
, and it seems like every time I introduce a new veggie Venita has problems with it. So I have considered introducing coconut oil to get more fat. I remove a lot of the fat from our broth because it grosses me and RJ out. And I know how vital that is for healing. I can't believe it, we are almost out of chicken. In May, a year ago we butchered 45 chickens split between us and my parents. We have 2 more chickens left and a couple backs and breasts left. We have gone through a lot just since starting Intro! No doubt we gotta do chickens again....

Anyway, I have a lot to talk about in reference to myself today. Because I'm bad and good at the same time. So yesterday was a really long day, I was up at 4:30 for a church thing and on my way home I decided to be stupid and get a Honey Breve, a breve is with half-n-half rather than milk. So before, when I was on Full GAPS I was able to sneak something like this every once in awhile and never have a problem. Well, not this time... I got pretty sick.. I guess I'm having a hard time accepting that I am on a modified version of Intro. I am getting some major healing right now and I don't even realize it. When I was on Full GAPS before, I hardly did broth and always had raw veggies and so forth. So I wasn't really allowing my body that time to heal. I have rarely done raw anything lately. I sneak here and there, but I don't buy it because I don't want my kids to see it. My biggest cheat is honey really!! And when I do have honey it's with a mega ton of coconut oil which is very anti-candida and incredibly healing. So I guess I'm realizing how incredibly powerful Intro is! It's awesome! And the whole sensitivity to foods that you didn't have problems with before might turn people off from GAPS. But it's a phase in the diet. If you think about new skin or flesh and how sensitive it is for a period of time because it hasn't really developed any protection. It's the same when you're gut lining is in the process of healing. Dairy isn't easy to digest, especially when it's dead dairy and all the necessary minerals and enzymes needed for proper digestion are destroyed through processing. So yeah, DUH!! Dumb on my part, but I'm one of those people who won't get it until I hit a brick wall a couple times and then I realize, "Oh, hey! I gotta go around it!!" But anyway, with the lack of rest and dairy all in one day, I set myself up for adrenal failure. And it hit me like a ton of bricks! Full force, I could barely get out of bed this morning, I was so weak, so fatigued, so dizzy.... Thank God my friend came over and helped me again, my angel Monique!! But this evening after waking up a little bit, I have just started noticing that I'm not in constant pain. Other than my abdomen and hips (baby) hurting. My feet aren't hurting, which is always a big deal, hmmm a little reminiscent of when I was on Full GAPS before!! Another lesson learned and shows you just how powerful food is!!  I have also noticed my skin is clearing and not itching (Candida). I have increased energy tremendously no doubt, aside from today! So I'm excited about my progress.. I'm not so blahzay I guess you could say!! :)

RJ(4) is so predictable with die-off. I give him his sauerkraut, half an hour later he starts his OCD habits and whining! It's fun! Nothing exciting with him. Slow and steady with the die-off. He got a squash nut muffin today, that was a highlight! And tonight was entertaining as he threw a fit because I wasn't gonna make him finish cleaning his room. I just wanted him to GO TO BED!!! When he is being OCD he takes forever to clean his room......

Venita (17mo) GRUMPY!!!!! ALL DAY LONG!!! Still eating like a cow.. She is still pooping up to 7 times a day. Its just weird she poops a little at a time, fully digested.. But it's not super soft. I can't expect perfection at this point I guess.. Honestly I'm not sure what her poop should look like especially since most kids her age are on cows milk or are nursing. I just know most kids have MUCH softer poo than her. Enough about that.... Yeah, I guess die-off was an issue for her today. But no issues with intolerance's.Oh and yeast, keeps fighting yeast infection top and bottom. Pooping constantly isn't helping that..

Going to B-town for the first time since starting Intro, I'm quite worried.. Trying to be good and prepared and have lots of food at hand. We have GAPS group, and we can eat there.. And then after that gotta go shopping... I need to go shopping soooooo bad....

You know, I just have to say that I am proud of myself.. I am often one of those people that could be referred to as a back slider and I have planned on going on Intro several times, and going back on Full GAPS several times, something always changes my plans. But I made the plan to ween Venita within a week and after that start Intro.. Two weeks later, here I am!! I did it!! That I am incredibly proud of and probably why I'm still surprised I am here today, day 8 intro!

Bed Time!

For more information about the GAPS Diet and other GAPS Testimonies visit my website www.passionatepurelife.com




No comments:

Post a Comment