Friday, March 22, 2013

Recipe: Uncanned Chicken and GAPS Intro Tips

Okay, so canned chicken has been a favorite of mine in the past, I always used it in my Enchiladas and Fajitas. Its shreds so nice and easy, no work at all. Really quick. What makes it even better is when you're on GAPS Intro!
You are already making chicken stock, so having some chicken breast to add into your stock while cooking is so easy. When I make my stock I use chicken backs and a few breasts. I have these handy only because we butcher our own chickens and we butchered for convenience. I can't stand waiting for days for your chicken to thaw out, just to cut it up. So we did it during butcher time. Legs, wings(superbrowl!), breasts, and backs all separated. Anyway, my meat cook time is no less than 8 hours. This ensures it will be falling apart by the time it's done. At that point I put them in the fridge and freeze some for future use. Perfect for Fajitas with a Romain Wrap! But today I'm going to show you a Simple Intro Meal with my Uncanned Chicken, one I have used a time or two without a single complaint from the kids. They love it!



What you will need:

Toaster Oven or Oven
Broth or Stock
Veggies of Choice
Ghee
Sea Salt

So lets start with your broth and veggies. I love a veggie broth even though all my broth is made with meats. So if I am feeling like a meat and veggie broth, I like to simmer my veggies in the broth prior to our meal.

How to make Uncanned Chicken:

While you are doing that you can start making your Uncanned Chicken. So we start with thawed well cooked chicken. Shred it onto your Toaster Oven Baking Tray and then spread a couple tablespoons of Ghee over the chicken. Add Salt to your taste preference. I set my Toaster Over to 350 degrees for only a couple minutes. You want it warm, but you don't want to cook it. So the faster the better. When done mix around chicken till well smothered in the melted Ghee. Serve with your veggies and veggie broth. It's quite disturbing because it tastes like Canned Chicken and it smells like it too.. And there you have it, the quickest and easiest GAPS Meal in the world!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment